This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Carr 1 year, 11 months ago. This post has been viewed 1129 times

• Author
     Lars

Both using Atom and FTP I have major problems syncing files to the LoPy. I end up just running the code from Atom, but when restarting the LoPy I off course lack my code. Have any of you the same experience, and have you found a fix?

Arne Munch-Ellingsen 
    Keymaster

Not sure why you are having problems with FTP. It works without problems for me. The LoPy announces a WiFi network. You can attach to this network and use ftp to transfer your python code (as main.py) to the flash directory on the Lopy. I believe the WiFi password is pycom.io and the user/password for ftp is micro/python.

Using mpfshell is also an option (over USB): https://github.com/pmunch/mpfshell

Anonymous

The FTP connection should work fine, provided you have configured the LoPy to connect to your local WiFi, and you have enough of a signal to your router.

One gotcha I came across, is that there is only one ftp connection possible at any given time, and only a subset of protocol commands are implemented – this seems to confuse a couple of modern clients. A plain old ftp client worked best for me.

I’m using the following script to up local files to device:

Simon Carr

The WIFI password is `www.pycom.io

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Do you have any feedback? Please use the forum for technical support.

Sending

©2019 Telenor Start IoT - Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?