Telenor Start IoT together with Wireless Trondheim, Statens Vegvesen (Norwegian Public Roads Administration) and Trondheim Kommune (Trondheim Municipality) organized a 2-day “Smart Transportation IoT hackathon” at FAKTRY incubator.
When: November 15-16, 2017
Where: FAKTRY; Stålgården, Sluppenvegen 17b, Trondheim
We gathered more than 30 tech geeks and other enthusiasts with a burning desire to shape the future of transportation in Norway – make our roads smarter, safer and enhance green travel experience in people’s everyday life.
What did the hackers do?
- Got their hands on new generation IoT technologies
- Worked in teams to solve real-world problems brought to them by Statens Vegvesen and Trondheim Kommune
- Made and presented their first working prototypes to the judge panel of competent business developers, industry and technology experts in Norway
- Met similar passionate geeks
What did the hackers get?
- Starter kit for Low-Power Wide-Area IoT application development
- Learning sessions and mentorship
- Competed for the Award “Best technical, innovative and business feasible solution”: 10.000 NOK + 5 IoT development kits + 3 month access to FAKTRY (see, pictures and interview with the Winner Team here)
- Great fun and budding partnerships for the future
- Pizzas and boozeJ
Our exciting program can be found here.
Pictures can be found here.